Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The navy wool suit - it's done!

Buttonholes and it IS done!
navy wool suit jacket
These two pix don't do it justice. It is warm and fits wonderfully. In fact, it is almost like a coat because of its length and weight. When I thought of that, I remembered this navy wool coat I bought back in the 80s that I wore until it was worn right out - lining shredded and cuffs frayed. It was a thin wool so I wore the coat more as a jacket. Very 80s in style - I am sure people might laugh at it now - but I loved it. This is different in that it fits more closely and the wool is very different but I hope to wear it right out eventually.
navy wool suit jacket
I bought the buttons from Darrell's at the same time that I bought the wool and he was right - they look terrific. I'll have to get Peter to take a picture whenever I wear it first.

Next? Not sure - it may be some of that lovely cotton for a shirt, although I am longing to get at the raw silk.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Julia; perfect match of pattern, fabric, buttons, and sewing skill. Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

Very nicely done. It looks like it comes from a very expensive shop.

JuliaR said...

Thanks Laura and Julie! It sort of does come from an expensive shop - the fabric I seem to recall was over $30/m. If Darrell sees this, he can remind me.

Linda L said...

Beautiful jacket. I love the fabric and the buttons together.

JuliaR said...

Thanks Linda! If I want to go very conservative, I can with my choice of blouse. But even so, the buttons add a little sparkle and interest.